Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby

My baby boy turned 2 yesterday! I don't want to burden you with more of my neuroses (or we could just call them eccentricities ok?) but I know from personal experience that if you lose your Mama when you're only 2, then you won't remember her. And since Isaac is almost my whole world and since we aren't guaranteed any amount of time here, I want to write him a birthday letter. Besides, even if I do live to be a Great Grandma, it never hurts to let your loved ones know how you feel about them, right? So here goes...


Dear Isaac,

You turned 2 yesterday. It's unbelievable how smart and grown-up you are! I'm not really sure what I want to say to you. I guess I just want to give you a little piece of "right now" since you're not going to remember it. I want to give you a glimpse into who I am at this moment and who you are and what we mean to each other. Maybe it will help you to understand me later when I'm driving you completely nuts!
It's so strange to me that you will grow up and not remember anything about the past two years! These 2 years which have been the best ones of my life so far! I'm sure you know why but I'll still say it. You have made them the best years I've had!
You are amazing! You are beautiful and smart, intense and funny, mischievous and charming. Sue likes to remind me that you have a good sense of humor already, and she's right. I can see it in those eyes and in that half smile that you do. I think, and I hope, that it might be similar to my sense of humor. We really "get" each other...
I've so enjoyed these first 2 years of your life. If I ever had any doubts that being a mommy is the best job in the world, you've wiped them out. Do you know that old song that goes "if I could save time in a bottle..."? No, I'm sure you don't. I know, I'm old, but if only I could save time in a bottle...I so would! I've heard that it's a good thing that our children grow up or we'd never be ready to let go of this Earth. It's so true. I really can't imagine how Heaven could get any better than this!
Anyway, I'm sure I'm embarrassing you with my gushing so I'll move on. I just want you to know that I treasure every single moment with you. You're a really good kid and I'm so proud of you. I'm so grateful to God for making me your Mama and to you for loving me and hanging in there with me! I've never done this before you know.
I know I've been taking my time getting to it but my bottom line, I guess, is this: I love you NO MATTER WHAT and I'm always on your side! You can count on me for as long as I'm living and when I no longer am... God will still be there. Always. That's my 2nd birthday message and that's my always-and-forever message. If there's one thing that I can teach you and if there's one thing that I want you to remember, that is it. I love you, love you, love you!

Happy Birthday Baby



Me And Jesus
Artist: Stellar Kart

When there's no where else to turn
All your bridges have been burned
Feels like you've hit rock bottom..
Don't give up it's not the end
Open up your heart again
When you feel like no one understands
Where you are...

Someone loves you
Even when you don't think so
Don't you know
You got me and Jesus
By your side
Through the fight
You will never be alone
On your own
You got me and Jesus

After all that we've been through
By now you know I've doubted to
But everytime my head was in my hands
You said to me...

Someone loves you
Even when you don't think so
Don't you know
You got me and Jesus
By your side
Through the fight
You will never be alone
On your own
You got me and Jesus

Hold on to what we got
This is worth any cost
So make the most of life that's borrowed
Love like there's no tomorrow

Someone loves you
Even when you don't think so
Don't you know
You got me and Jesus
By your side
Through the fight
You will never be alone
On your own
You got me and Jesus

Even when you don't think so
Don't you know
You got me and Jesus
By your side
Through the fight
You will never be alone
On your own
You got me and Jesus

You will never be alone...
You got me and Jesus

0 comments: